Thursday, July 21, 2011

Well, these are some very bizarre gym ads.


(click ads, via) I've had these bookmarked for awhile, waiting for a slow day. They fall into the Ads That'll Make Art Directors Touch Their Genitals sub-category. So, I get it: the body is a machine, and Gold's helps you transform yours from its present copier-like state into more of a tank- or backhoe(?)-like form. I just don't know how these would go over with your average, grunting gym mook. Maybe Gold's is trying to attract a more, uh, artistic clientele? Or, Transformers fans.
Ad agency: Jotabequ Grey, Costa Rica. Related: a round-up of bad gym ads.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More like a slow month...

10:30 AM  
Blogger copyranter said...

Send me some tips, then. Or go do something other than pathetically troll an ad blog.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Chris Sanislo said...

I actually think the tank one is kinda cool. Different, makes me wanna check it out, message is pretty simple. I dunno..not bad, I'd say.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Mandy_Fish said...

It might've made me touch myself a little and I'm a copywriter. Hm. Maybe it just needs some more copy?

Ha.Ha.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Boy Genius said...

Any idea whether this is body paint or Photoshop? I'm assuming the former, but I'm curious.

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Boby Like A Suitcase; Suitcase Squarepants said...

I dunno. Makes me want to see Blue Man group type of performance art off Broadway not go to a gym. Maybe it's a NYC thing; New Yorkers want to look like dancers?

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home