This week's vintage ad that made women look like idiots.
(click ad, from a 1952 Life magazine, via) Not often you see the word "plaint" in an ad. Also: three methods of suicide. Sweetheart, you better put that small caliber girlie gun in your mouth, to make sure. Or, just pick up some of Charles Antell's Formula 9 shampoo. Previous vintage ads that made women look like idiots:
• the "housewife headache."
• drink Dr. Pepper and "be a Mindsticker."
• Horsewoman refuses to buy Electrolux fridge.
• Give me the damn car keys and go vaccum, Mrs. McCrash.
• make women with bad breath wear bells around their necks.