Friday, August 10, 2007

When Monogamy Becomes Monotony®

The City of Fucking Angels. According to LA Observed, this billboard for ashleymadison.com—a dating service for cheating marrieds—is now up at La Cienaga & San Vicente. If I was God or Zeus or Xenu or a pissed-off Alien, and I wanted to obliterate America, I'd probably start with ad-choked Times Square. But intelligence- and integrity-challenged Los Angeles would most certainly be my second stop. After that, D.C. Then, Hoboken. Next, I don't know...maybe Silicon Valley. After that, I'd reach down and grab Jason Binn by his pudgy head and hurl him into the Sun.
(thanks to Lisa Hall for the tip)

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I think that single billboard trumps all the tacky in Times Square.

10:38 AM  
Blogger ricpic said...

Why doesn't that place fall into the sea already?

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an NY native transplanted to LA, I have to agree with ricpic, it's time for this city to be swallowed up by the pacific.

12:27 PM  
Blogger HighJive said...

These guys sorta ripped off another idea…

http://multicultclassics.blogspot.com/2007/05/essay-3045.html

1:00 PM  
Blogger New York Punk said...

In other words...

Life is short,
Fuck it up as fast.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Christina C said...

Just peeked at the website - one of the quotes from the whispering philanderer: "people who are inclined to affairs are ususally better looking than average."

Holy shit. Tell me this is only in LA.

1:34 PM  
Blogger RFB said...

It's not just LA - that site works for the whole country. And we wonder why the crazy fucks in Iran have been calling us the Great Satan since 1979?

Come on Baby - Lawn is burning.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Alan Wolk said...

You know I swear I thought you were being snarky about what AshleyMadison was about and actually went ahead and clicked on it.

Holy shit.

But seriously, isn't that what Craig's List is for?

1:57 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

What disturbs me most about that billboard is the comma splice. Yes, I am a huge nerd. You gotta a problem with that, buster?!?

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drove by that billboard on Monday night. I was perturbed.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home