Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Advertising Week: MSNBC Texas Hold'em Invitational.

(This is the second of four posts this week wherein I will be "live blogging" an Advertising Week event without actually being anywhere near the pointless goings-on.)
*(by invitation only, plebes.)*
Tonight, from 6-9:30pm at the Friar's Club (so exclusive, I couldn't even get into their website), drunken ad kingpins will be going all in with ill-gotten gains "earned" from all those bloated client fees & commissions. The irony! Gambling with clients' money! Just So Fucking Beautiful! It ain't for charity, either. It's an old-fashioned swingin' dicks party. One (OK, I) can only hope that Donny Douche Deutsch loses his agency, TV show, and the shirt off his back. Though he probably wouldn't mind that last one.
(yes, I am "live-blogging" this four hours before hand)

previously:
Advertising Week: Catch and Release. Fishing For the BIG Idea.

3 Comments:

Blogger New York Punk said...

I once interviewed with Deutsch.
A CD hack talked about creativity and I politely requested to see her work...needless to mention, it sucked ass. Right then, she knew I wouldn't kneel down under her desk. She hired some young lamb for the slaughter instead.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

Being of the homosexualist variety, an "old-fashioned swingin' dicks party" would sound intriguing, except that, reading this blog, I have a feeling that ad males wouldn't have dicks I'd want to see swinging. Except yours, of course, Mark.

9:59 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

AHHHHH, Frankie. makin' my blush over here...

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home